Norden Farm Kite Festival at Punt Hill
Norden Farm Centre for the Arts will be holding their annual Kite Festival on Punt Hill at Boyn Grove Park on Sunday 5th September, 12pm – 4pm.
About the Event
This fun, free kite festival is a great fundraising event which is put on for the community. During the summer, children have had the opportunity to attend the kite making workshops run by Norden Farm so they can fly their very own handmade, bespoke kites on the day!
However, if your child missed out, then they can still purchase a kite making kit on the day (subject to availability) for £5 – or of course they can bring their own kite along to fly.
Don’t have a kite?
There will be a great atmosphere with plenty going on – so if you don’t have a kite, then don’t worry!
Bring your picnic blanket and chairs and enjoy the food and entertainment that there is on offer. Everyone is welcome.
Food & Drink Stalls
There will be local food and drink vendors there on the day. These include:
- Presto Italian, who will be serving freshly made Italian pizzas
- Caribbean cuisine from Heat and Soul
- Authentic Punjabi dishes from Ka Na Homecooked
- Cookies from Get Whisked Away
- Italian gelato from Agosti Gelato
- Food inspired by travels from Streetfed
- And the Norden Farm Bar – serving Rebellion Brewery beer, G&T’s and soft drinks
There will also be entertainment and live music at the Norden Farm Kite Festival.
There will be performances from:
- Solo acoustic musician, Dan Pryde. He writes his own music as well as doing covers
- Fleece Lined, who cover upbeat funk tunes from the likes of Stevie Wonder and Otis Reading
- Local singer songwriter Tara Deane, who is from Maidenhead
- And the Reading All Steel Percussion Orchestra, who have performed at Glastonbury, The Royal Albert Hall, The London 2012 Olympics and appear every year at the Notting Hill Carnival
For the first time, there will be an appearance from Autin Dance Theatre called ‘Out of the Deep Blue’ (pictured).
This rather impressive large sea giant puppet called Eko will firstly parade and interact with the crowd. Then there will be a performance, where Eko meets a little girl named Violet.